The accessibility of Eaglestar’s website relies on the following technologies working with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used. Some important aspects of accessibility are listed below.
WCAG 2.1 level AA requires a contrast ratio of at least 4.5:1 for normal text and 3:1 for large text. WCAG 2.1 requires a contrast ratio of at least 3:1 for graphics and user interface components (such as form input borders).
Large text is defined as 14 point (typically 18.66px) and bold or larger, or 18 point (typically 24px) or larger.
Eaglestar is committed to ensuring that all video content is accessible and aims to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) to level AA wherever possible. We will ensure that all videos uploaded to YouTube are transcribed. However, as YouTube is a third-party product, technical issues may occur that are out of our control, such as links and headings that are either empty or nonsensical.
Tab-Based Navigation and Skip to-Content
This website allows full tab - based navigation:
- Press enter to activate when you hold down on the menu item or hyperlink
- Hold down the shift and tab keys to reverse the tab cycle
- At the top of each page, there are options to skip to various areas of the page. This is to assist users of screen readers and those who are zooming in to view the website
Text on this site can be resized by:
- Using the zoom and increase font options from your browser’s menu
- Pressing Ctrl key (Microsoft Windows) or the Apple key (Mac OS) on your keyboard and using the + or – to zoom in or out
- Pressing ctrl on your keyboard and scrolling with your mouse wheel
Wherever possible, hyperlinks contain descriptions of information found in the link’s destination. All internal links will open in the same window to improve usability for those with vision impairment. However, documents with external links will open in a new tab.
Eaglestar has made every effort to ensure that our website is easy to read by using plain English and ensuring its design does not interfere with usability or readability.
Cascading style sheets (CSS) are used to format page content on this site. This allows keyboard-only users to disable the formatting provided and apply their own formatting. Style sheets are disabled within an internet browser's settings or preference options.
If you use assistive software such as Job Access with Speech (JAWS) or Non Visual Desktop Access (NVDA), you can use features to:
- Present link lists
- Present headings
- Shift the focus directly to tables and lists on a page
Navigation using a screen reader
For those with vision impairments, we have endeavoured to maximise the ability to use a screen reader with this website. Visitors using recent versions of screen readers can navigate using the following keystrokes:
- H to navigate forwards through the headings
- Shift + H to navigate backwards through the headings
- 1 to navigate to the next level 1 heading (or a number between 1 and 6 to navigate to the next heading on this level)
- Shift + 1 to navigate to the previous level 1 heading (or a number between 1 and 6 to navigate to the previous heading on this level)
- Insert + F6 to provide a list of all headings
- Press tab key to proceed through the links or shift + tab to cycle backwards through the links
- Press insert + F7 to provide a list of all links
Using JAWS® Versions 10-12, you can use the keyboard navigation in virtual mode:
- ; (semicolon) for the next landmark
- Shift + ; (semicolon) for previous landmark
- Ctrl + insert + ; (semicolon) for a list of landmarks
Using NVDA 2011.2, the landmark keyboard combination in virtual buffer mode:
- D for the next landmark
- Shift + D for the previous landmark
Using NVDA + F7VoiceOver you can navigate a page via landmarks by:
- Choosing landmarks in the web rotor, then finger flicking up or down to move to the next or previous landmark